PakMusic - The Pure Pakistani Forums | Pakistani Music Movies Dramas Desi Forums

Old 05-15-2006, 08:37 PM
PakMusic Fanatic

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
sunz19 has a spectacular aura aboutsunz19 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Wajd: Jeena Chahta Hoon

After Faramoshi (bass oriented, haunting vocals, performance video), Wajd has released their second single on their website, called Jeena Chahta Hoon with a spectacular video, done by their lead guitarizt, Faraz Siddiqui (i hope so I have finally got tht right)... The song and the video are both masterpieces... Awesome vocals again but the violen is the star attraction here, mixed with lyrics somewhat similar to Faramoshi... Video is breathtaking (has somewht got tht Alterbridge type feel to it), the shades, the constumes, the set, the explosions, the concept, everything is remarkable... This band, let me tell u, has so far shown the same promise as upcoming bands like Akash, Irtaash and The Rising... Can't wait for their debut album: 'Barzakh Inc.' (I hope so I have got tht right 2)... Do listen to the song first, then watch the video and leave ur feedback here... There is a gr8 live unplugged version of the song 2, nicely done as well!
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:43 PM
PakMusic Team

fariha337 will become famous soon enough
Thanks a lot for the info I visited their website and checked their songs out. Both Faramoshi and Jeena Chahta Hoon are great! And yes the violins play a big part in the latter, what a nice effect! The video of Jeena Chahta Hoon is definitely well done and fascinating (unfortunately I managed to watch only half of it because the file was not working properly, I am eager to see it all!). I agree with what you said about it. It looks like a mysterious video (the picture taken at the beginning and the explosions are pretty odd) and the setting is perfect, it creates a somewhat creepy atmosphere!
P.S. Actually, from what I read in the video, the name of the director should be Faraz Siddiqui
Old 05-16-2006, 12:11 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

^ my bad... Ur right
Old 05-16-2006, 12:42 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

The interesting thing i realized was tht the band was surrounded by the trees and there was path between the forest... Which sort of showed how every1 is caught in a land tht they don't won't 2 b in and they wanna leave it and follow tht path but all the mysterious characters in the video seemed to come out of tht path... It relates well to the concept of the song i.e. i wanna live anywhere else but where i am but stangely enuff the path tht i see as my exile tends to spill out ppl who have suffered rather than benefited... All those mysterious beings seemed to be standing right before the path i.e as if they are warnings tht wht u see as ur heaven can be hell... Ppl with the photos thing was the same... Ppl left u for a better place... but they didn't reach it... And all you can do is to say I wish I had walked tht path with them... Tht is just how i saw it... I like the theme behind the band: Promoting Human Errors...
Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 AM
PakMusic Team

Very good explanation Yes it's true, they are attracted by a new and unknown perspective that in fact might be even worse than the one they are in, but still they want to take their chances there... It's the fascination of the unknown. What we know always looks dull to us, we are inclined to believe there's actually something better awaiting us. Maybe they still want to follow that path because they want to see what it's like with their own eyes. Human beings have always been thirsting for knowledge, regardless of where this would take them. This brought about both big achievements and big failures across our history, but at least we learnt something new and important in the good and in the bad alike, so maybe that's why they still want to go, who knows...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

^ tht is so true but I still believe tht as there is so much goin on in about more than six minutes, there are so many other perspectives thru which we can look at the whole thing... After Irtiqa, this is the only thing tht has made me think to much abt wht is goin on!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

Btw, i think so it is a Karachi based band... Gr8 work guyz... I know u r watching this Ahmar Bhai... Give us your personal feedback on this thing!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Sipahi

devileyes8885 is infamous around these parts
wel well ur ryte tht wajd is really a karachi based band..but its vocolalist is from lahore..a lahori bacha...thts y he got a marvellous n fabulous voice..n about their songs..faramoshi is gud...wid awesome guitar..n bass in it..but JCH really rockz...everything is perfect in it..the story..the direction...the editing..sab kuch..infact thts the song which based on our society's problem..thts the song of our youth choice....havn lil english touch...all members of tht band performed really well in tht song...n ofcouse above all the guitar n vocals r best...gr8 work these guys has done keep it up..
Old 05-18-2006, 02:15 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

Ok now jus correcting myself: The video has been done by Fiz, the lead guitarist of the band... Another interesting to note is tht apart from the girl in the opening scene in pink, almost every1 else is in black, the color of death... Even a newly born child is is wrapped in black...and as the women is shown in sorrow for the loss of her child, it seems the child is dead... Every1 in the forest is dead... Every1 else like the women infront of the house, a colorful house, and the fields, seem to be in this world... Alive with ppl who r just missing the dead... The forest is shown like a hell, strange old ppl roaming around, the ppl shown in the pics are roaming around aimlessly there as well, i guess they r dead in hell... The video focuses on the power of illusion by showing the camera often, how it can capture everything but just cant bring back the dead... This video after every watch, is telling me something different... I might be wrong though...
Old 05-18-2006, 02:39 AM
PakMusic Team

Yes you are right, the video shows two different worlds, the world of the living and the world of the dead. Probably the camera captures both because the dead do not really leave us, they stay with us but we can't realise their presence... Or maybe, by capturing us together with our beloved ones who left us, those pictures just show what we would like our life to be like, they express our desire to feel those people close to us again. Sunz you are very good at interpreting videos, thanks a lot for the input

Last edited by fariha337; 05-18-2006 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:57 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

Thnkx mam, i have neva been complemented for anything like this b4... I appreciate ur input 2 ... I like talking abt life n death n ur input makes me believe tht i m not jus kiddin abt it...
Old 05-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Sipahi

black-prince is infamous around these parts
Cool

hi yawl ...
.... i was told that there is some misconfusion around here ..

.. lemme tell u about a band named WAJD .. lol .. it is a Karchi Based Band with the Lead Guitarist, Faraz Siddiqui (FIZ), Bassist, Hasham (Hash), Drummer, Kamran (Kami), the Lead Vocalist as well as the Rythem Guitarist, Jahanzeb Afzal, who is Hayderabad based (thought has his roots from Panjab) ...

... so far WAJD has launched two videos and both of'em have been directed by Faraz ...u may say the brains of the band ..

. further info can be obtained by the official site www.wajdonline.com.

.. i would like to ask SUNZ19 to please edit the post where the name as well as the gender are wonrgly mentioned .. lol.

Regards,
JZ
Webmaster-WAJD
0300 2292728
www.wajdonline.com
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
PakMusic Fanatic

Yes Sir, I did realize my mistake later on (thnkx 2 Fariha), and i did mention it in my subsequent posts... But i have made the correction in the first post as well... If u get to talk to Wajd, plz pass on our well wishes to them... N also, plz keep us informed of the progress on the album...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Sipahi

black-prince is infamous around these parts
Wink

lolz ..
.. thanx for being so understanding ..

... ur wishes have just been passed to all the members (MSN rox)

..... for now the band has came off the tiresome shoot and has finally sat down to Jam their new songs after getting the new video aired at all the TV Channels.

......... for further updates keep checking the official site, and if u realy consider ur self a fan, why dont i c u registered there yet. please do so.

Regards,
JZ
Webmaster-WAJD
0300 2292728
www.wajdonline.com
Old 05-18-2006, 12:22 PM
PakMusic Fanatic

Jus 1 ques black-prince, how in the world did the band manage to find Pappu Samrat for coreography? N is the guy doin the cordinator role of violens in the video, really him?

N tell Hash, ur bass player, tht his work iz amazing, i can't find a better name in the upcoming band's list in the category of this instrument... Good job...And the vocalist Jahanzeb has a got strong, unique vocal base... Fiz, wow, he is truely multi-talented... I thought some1 told me abt his commercials? Has he done any ads? The drums... can't say much... tht guy is bringing tht crazy bang of andher to Wajd... Gr8 Gr8r Gr8!

Na, jus 2 much addicted 2 PM 'The Best Ever' , can't drift 2 far... I do like good muzik n promoting it, but i don't consider myself a fan of any1 ... Plus, due 2 Uni, don't get much time 4 tis ... Talking of which, gtg n keep posting here...

N where did the shoot take place 4 JCH, n were the butterflies in the opening scenes graphical effects or wht???